Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Playing catch up

July and August have gone by so fast. I can't believe summer is almost over :(

Derek and I leave this weekend for our summer trip to California with my whole entire family. We are so excited to be in a beach house for the week and soak up some sun!!!

In July, Derek and I were lucky enough to serve as leaders at the 4th year girl's hike. 
We had the most amazing time serving with these two
 That is the gigantic tepee the girls slept in. I can't get enough of that picture ha
 Derek sacrificed the hairs on his arm so the girls could all have delicious tin foil dinners
 This is all the girls with our cute new hoodies

Derek and Paul teaching the girls how to survive in the wilderness

 This little girl could not stay away from the fire. I am pretty sure we need to get her some doggles!!!

On to our next adventure....

The Lloyd Family Reunion:)
The first couple of days we stayed at a beautiful campsite in Stanley, Idaho.  Then we met the rest of the Lloyd clan up in the mountains just outside of Sun Valley.



 Poor Ellie and her massive chain


 Jake had quite the trip! Poor guy had a run in with stinging nettle! He handled it like a champ!


 ...and of course Ellie found herself some fire!


 The Giant Slip and Slide!!!!



Cash man and his new best friend  :)  
We found a beautiful little fishing pond where I caught my very first fish!    
   
  But... I felt horrible about it afterwards!:(    Sorry Mr. Fishy
 

I had such a great time with the Lloyd side! I love all of them so much!!!!!

Here are a few of the visitors who have stopped by this past month....
 The Watkins family who I love so very much!
 My Grandma and Grandpa Long also stopped by to stay for the weekend!

   
We loved having them here with the rest of my family!!!!











Until next time....
The Lloyd's