Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello

Hello Blog World!

Derek and I have been wanting to make one for some time now but let's be honest making a blog is confusing!!!!
 I am pretty sure I have created and deleted about 20 blogs thus far!
But here we are... and now hopefully we can get the hang of it!
 I am thinking we'll use this blog as sort of updates on our life because well hello we live in Idaho and no longer use Facebook so we are kind of disconnected:) I also want to kind of share our journey with our new house and all the crafts we have been up to lately!
We bought our very first little home in February and have been busy ever since. Here is our sweet little home:
We have been having so much fun making it ours but didn't realize how much work it needed!!!!
Our life has been a little bit of a whirlwind. We got married last September and right after the honeymoon packed our bags and headed to Twin Falls where Derek's work relocated us. We have had so much fun here and I wish I could update everyone on the fun we have been having since we left Utah but that would take forever! So I'll start with today. My Birthday was on Tuesday and my amazing family came up for the weekend to celebrate. We had a blast. From kayaking in the canyon....

to having the most amazing breakfast of our lives at Buffalo Cafe. We also went shopping (with what little shopping we have here in TF) and everyone took me out to dinner for my birthday:)
The bishopric just so happened to plan Derek and I talking in church on that same weekend. Fancy that.
To be honest I was so terrified when I was asked to talk in sacrament. Since coming back to the church I have been so private with my testimony and I felt too vulnerable to share it with the world. I had always said I would always say no if I was asked... well I am a push over. However, I also felt prompted to talk. I am sure it was probably the most emotional acceptance of a calling Brother Manning had ever experienced. I experienced every emotion possible. But once I started writing I was surprised with all that I had to say. I was hesitant to share my story about falling away from the church but for some reason I couldn't leave it out. Writing it and actually sharing it in church last Sunday was a really incredible experience. I am proud of myself for going WAY outside of my comfort zone!
Oh and I was spoiled on my Birthday. I am lucky enough to be the proud new owner of these babies.... (Now all I need to do is learn to play!) ha
Until next time:)
The Lloyd's